NETWORK JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Prime7 Local News is seeking a career-oriented journalist for its Tamworth newsroom.
This role demands excellence in news gathering, writing, interviewing and presenting information for all PRIME7 news services
Reporting to the News Editor Northern, this role will give you the opportunity to improve and move forward in your journalism career while gaining essential skills.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Generating original daily story ideas for on-air and online presentations
• Interviewing, writing and voicing skills
• Being able to broadcast live
• Developing and maintaining contacts in the community
• Research and prepare news reports, whether in the field or in the office
• Finding and Writing feature stories in specific categories
• Create an effective and respectful rapport with internal and external stakeholders
To be considered for this position, you’ll need:
• Proven experience writing stories
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Ability to work to very precise deadlines
• To be highly motivated
• To have an understanding in Broadcast Law Guidelines
• 1-2 Years of TV experience
This position requires inspiration, energy, enthusiasm and a strong knowledge base in journalism. You must have a tertiary qualification in journalism or communications.
If you believe that your skills are what we are asking for please forward your written application, including covering letter, resume, two professional references and a show reel link to :-
Applications close:Friday, 16 August 2019