Provide high level biostatistical expertise across a range of biomedical and population health research projects
We are in the business of saving lives
Can be based in Alexandria (NSW), Melbourne (VIC), or Kelvin Grove (QLD)
About the Blood Service
We collect, process and distribute life-saving blood products, breastmilk and more. Everyone at the Blood Service makes a valued contribution to this life-saving work. We promote an inclusive work environment and welcome applications from all people.
About the role
A fulltime permanent opportunity has arisen to join our Research & Development team reporting directly into the Director, Research & Development. You will be based at one of our Processing Centres in either Sydney (NSW), Melbourne (VIC) or Brisbane (QLD) all located close to the CBD, with some occasional travel as required. Your core focus is to provide biostatistical expertise to support the development, conduct and analysis of research projects and other projects and activities within the Blood Service. You will provide an intellectual and analysis framework for research studies leveraging your relationships across all parts of the organisation.
• Design, analyse & report research findings, providing high quality scientific outcomes through provision of intellectual and technical analysis to stakeholders
• Carry out research in agreed project areas to meet project aims
• Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that research projects align with and contribute to the Blood Service strategic priorities
• Capitalises on opportunities to write applications for competitive grants and participate in external research collaboration
• Collect & analyse data whilst creating and maintaining accurate records of research data results
• Effectively communicate the findings of research to relevant parties in various formats for specific recipients
• Develop a strategy for translation of project findings into policy or procedure and implementation
Skills & Capabilities
• PhD or equivalent work experience in statistics, biostatistics or epidemiology
• Research experience as a biostatistician in medical or epidemiology research encompassing clinical trial design and outcomes analysis, with post-doctoral experience an advantage
• Solid training in theoretical and applied statistics with concentration on biostatistics
• Applied knowledge of advanced statistical models
• Proficient in the analysis of technical, quantitative and/or qualitative data, as appropriate to the role, including excellent working knowledge of analytic and statistical software such as SPSS, R or similar
• Demonstrated expertise in preparing high quality research project proposals, including clinical research trial protocols, timelines and budgets, preferably with successful outcomes in competitive funding schemes
• A record of achievement with evidence of original, independent presentations, conference papers, and publications in high quality peer reviewed journals
• Experience in managing research projects, including design, implementation & evaluation
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and build relationships at all levels within an organisation
• Knowing you are working in a company that is in the business of saving lives
• Salary packaging program (allowing you to make the most of your salary)
• Rewards program offering discounts on movies, groceries, food & beverage, department stores and travel & leisure
• Discounted health insurance, veterinary care and car hire
• Internal programs focused on your wellbeing, safety & work/life balance
If all of the information above has got you excited about applying for this role and you meet the requirements of the position then we would love for you to apply.
Please note that as part of our recruitment process you will be required to complete and clear a National Police Check, Employment Check and validation of Australian working rights prior to offer of employment.
For further details on this positon please contact Jonathan Greensides on 03 9863 1739.
Whilst we appreciate all interest in our business, we regret to inform that we will not be engaging with, or accepting candidates from agencies or consulting firms on this occasion.
Role Statement Opens in new window