DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Pakistan: Call for Resumes – Chief of Party, Domestic Revenue Mobilization Activity, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Domestic Revenue Mobilization Activity, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
CALL FOR RESUMES
Chief of Party
Islamabad and Peshawar, Pakistan
DAI seeks qualified candidates for the Domestic Revenue Mobilization Activity, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, an anticipated USAID-funded revenue generation, tax, and fiscal policy activity, concentrated on supporting the Government of KP by building the capacity of provincial-level government revenue authorities to improve domestic resource mobilization through improved implementation of the general sales tax on services, among other means such as non-tax revenues and fees. The activity will review and develop frameworks, strategies, policies, and procedures; conduct trainings and assessments; strengthen organizational and human resource capacity; and develop and implement strategic communications strategies or approaches. The main areas of work are anticipated to include tax administration, transparency, and public-private dialogue.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall project management, including strategic vision and field team leadership; development and implementation of work plans, oversight of operational budgets and performance monitoring plans; liaison with USAID/Pakistan, government officials, other donors and partner organizations; identification and mitigation of program risks; and achievement of targeted project results and objectives. The Chief of Party will supervise project staff and ensure compliance with DAI ethics, procedures and policies as well as USAID rules and regulations.
• Master’s Degree in Economics, Public Administration, Business, Development Studies, or other relevant field preferred; Bachelor’s Degree is required;
• Minimum 10 years of experience designing, managing and implementing complex PFM and Governance programs;
• Minimum five years’ experience in a senior management position, preferably in Pakistan, including managing budgets and personnel;
• Prior experience with domestic revenue mobilization, tax administration, transparency, and public-private dialogue activities;
• Demonstrated ability to work with government counterparts to implement tax reforms and best practices;
• History of positive working relationships with the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Revenue Authority and other relevant Pakistan government institutions is highly desirable;
• In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
• Prior experience as Chief of Party, Team Leader, or Deputy COP preferred;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Urdu and Pashto is a plus;
• Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter via the DAI Careers page. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information. Thank you.