How Will You Make an Impact?
Based in Singapore, this position manages a cell culture media optimization team that works directly with pharmaceutical companies to develop high performing bioproduction media formulations that enhance the titer and quality of the drugs they produce. Many of the life saving cancer drugs today are too expensive to produce for world wide consumption. This team provides drug companies a way to manufacture their drugs more efficiently making these drugs more accessible to the world. We at Thermo Fisher Scientific work every day enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. As we expand in Asia to service the many new companies that entering the Bioproduction area we are also expanding our efforts in the region to support the next generation drugs that rely on gene therapy and stem cell therapy. This is a rapidly expanding area of health care and we are committed to be part of the innovative solutions that will be necessary for these new therapies to be successful.
What will you do?
This position provides the technical leadership to an experienced team of scientists engaged in media development. There is a requirement for strong technical interaction with pharmaceutical companies to discuss their issues and map out technical projects. You will be part of the technical leadership of our R&D team within the United States to ensure you are part of our future and innovative solutions for the industry.
· Develop and optimize cell culture media and processes suitable for manufacture and meeting customer requirements for large scale production of recombinant proteins
· Maximize potential for successful scale-up manufacturing and technology transfer
· Ensure new media satisfy project goals
· Understand product development processes; able to lead product development teams
· Support upstream cell culture operations
· Lead a media development team developing media formulations for customer cell lines
· Adhere to EHS standards and complies with Thermo Fisher Scientific laboratory quality systems
· Rotational week end work will be expected
How will you get here?
It is important for the candidate to have experience in cell culture media development and team management experience. Good customer facing skills are important for this role.
· A PhD degree is required
· 3 + years of relevant work experience.
· Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in bio/pharma industry in the area of mammalian cell culture (CHO)
· Demonstrated significant accomplishments leading cross-functional technology and product development teams
· Scale-up manufacturing, technology transfer, and record of successful accomplishment on cross-functional teams
· Participation on successful product development teams
· Must have extensive and technical expertise relating to mammalian cell culture, media development and cell culture process development disciplines
· Understands new scientific concepts and ideas
· Aptitude for statistical analysis and experimental design
· Excellent grasp of sterile techniques
· Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, and prioritize multiple and changing priorities
· Able to work independently.
III. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Strong written, verbal. and presentation skills
· Able to supervise multiple technical teams and subordinates who exercise considerable independence
· Ability to interact effectively with customers
· Experience in statistical media design software (DesignExpert)
· Experience in high-throughput small-scale cell culture systems eg.deepwell plates and spin-tubes and AMBR microbioreactor system
· Experience with Sartorius bench scale bioreactor systems and ATF systems