Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage aLeading Firefighter.This position will see you located at Defence Base Kapooka NSW, in a full time rostered position within a well-established team.
• To maintain an effective operational readiness in accordance with the relevant Certified Agreements and Modern Awards
• Perform the role and duties of a Leading Fire-fighter as directed by the Station Officer.
• Follow all safe work method statements in the delivery of operational outputs for the Fire and Rescue Service.
• Respond to incidents and emergencies in accordance with contractually required timeframes.
• Monitor radio communications as required.
• Undertake any administrative duties associated with the delivery of the Fire and Rescue Service in accordance with requirements and second tasking.
• Participate in training and development activities in accordance with current competency and qualification requirements of the role
• Promote Broadspectrum philosophies by striving for best practice through continuous improvements
• Work towards gaining the required qualifications to operate as a Station Officer when required.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience:
In order to be considered for this role it is mandatory you have the following minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• A minimum of 48 months as a paid firefighter within the fire and rescue industry
• PUA20613 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting & Emergency Operations)
• PUA30613 Certificate III in Public Safety (Firefighting & Emergency Operations)
• Hold all the relevant public safety units of competency for a Leading Firefighter in accordance with Appendix ‘A’ of the Broadspectrum and UFU NSW Fire & Rescue Certified Agreement 2018
• Medium Vehicle Drivers Licence
Note: The above qualifications will need to be supplied upon request.
• A proven track record for performance and professionalism within the fire industry
• A strong focus on team orientation
• You must be an Australian Citizen and able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.
• Be part of a long term Defence contract
• Competitive remuneration package
• Employee discount scheme
Applications close on the 19th of September.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 106159
Kapooka, NSW, Australia
Leading Firefighter- Kapooka