We are Orica, the global leader in mining and civil blasting.
It’s an exciting time for us. Through digital and automated technologies, we’re transforming the drill and blast process to increase safety and productivity in mining.
Every day we embrace new ways of thinking and work closely together to deliver innovative technologies, to ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry. And we believe that our 11,500+ people around the world play the most important role in helping our customers find success.
About the Role
A vacancy currently exists within Orica's Coal team for a Maintenance Fitter within the Gunnedah region. This role will primarily be based at Boggabri and will operate on a 7 days on, 7 days off roster.
In this mechanical support role, you will be responsible but not limited to scheduling service repairs, alterations as well as providing technical support and maintenance of fixed and mobile plant. The successful candidate will have a wide range of accountabilities focusing on the support of existing and new equipment on many of our Coal Operations.
What you will be doing
• General servicing of site equipment;
• Carry out Minor to Medium repairs on mobile and fixed plant;
• Support to third party repairers, site staff and engineering staff;
• Assist the Territory and Site Managers to manage a maintenance plan for the equipment at their site;
• Actively identify opportunities to streamline open cut processes;
• Continuous improvement providing feedback on design improvements to equipment;
• Participate in regular performance review discussions and coaching sessions;
• Ensuring own work practices and environment comply with SH&E standards;
• Ensure conformance to standards by ensuring equipment is safe to use;
• Provide front end engineering business support to the business;
• Make recommendations and apply corrective actions which improve equipment productivity and reliability.
What you will bring
• Trade Certificate III, Automotive Mechanical (Heavy Road Transport)
• At least 5 years post trade experience;
• Heavy Rigid driving license;
• Practical understanding of mechanical equipment & plant used in the transfer and handling of various products such as skid steer loaders and mobile augers;
• An understanding and experience with control theory and systems (including electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics) as well as engineering processes;
• Forklift ticket;
• European vehicle maintenance experience;
• Strong safety focus;
• Excellent written and communication skills.
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages